7 Signs You Should Invest in Issue Tracker
We know it is complex to manage project-based issues, especially, when there are either numerous issues in a project or multiple projects to handle. Keeping track of each and every task, assignee, due date, checking the resolution, notes and other attributes via email or a document / sheet is cumbersome. Moreover, even a minor negligence has the potential of snowballing into a credible threat. As a result, projects suffer, deadlines are missed and then more efforts and resources are required to achieve the intended output.
Is there a way to avoid such problematic outcomes? Is there a way wherein we can focus on getting the work done rather than being entangled into managing the heaps of tasks at hand? Yes, it can be done, but first, we need to identify the bottlenecks that go unnoticed, or maybe, we aren’t even aware of them! Let’s first delve into these issues and mark them as identified.
- Ineffective communication due to various modes of communication – Emails, phone calls, enterprise communication apps, messengers and many other tools are used by the businesses for daily communication. Due to this diversity, sometimes it may be difficult to understand the context of the communication. Moreover, it also hampers an individual to easily track important pieces of the past communication. Information availability is a prerequisite to have an effective and timely execution of business operations. The organizations cannot bear the burden of its loss or delayed retrieval. What if there was a way to organize all the communication related to individual issues so that the retrieval becomes easier?
- No commonplace to attach relevant information – Online exchange of information in the form of business plans, reports, work orders, invoices, receipts, agreements etc. is quite common. However, it has an intrinsic problem. Most of the time, one ends up searching for it in the long threads of emails and the retrieval process takes time. This is a productivity killer. What if there is a simpler way to centralize the data and access it as and when required, without any great efforts?
- No way to receive updates in the form of notifications – It is quite important for a team leader or a manager to be updated of any change that takes place within the project, after all they are driving it! Any sort of error or inconsistency detected in the early stage of issue resolution can save a good amount of time and efforts involved in rectifying it in the future. Email is a good tool to receive such updates but after few hundred emails, the person is definitely going to lose track. What if there was a better way to receive and manage the notifications?
- Spending more time in meetings to take notes – Are you spending a considerable amount of time in taking the follow-up action items and disseminating the information within your team or sharing it with other teams? Wouldn’t it be nice if you can view the status or progress of the issue resolution and the resource involved on your own machine / mobile device? Besides saving the time of the whole team by avoiding repetitive communication, it also helps the team members to get a solid view of what’s done and an idea of what’s to come!
- Setting accountability and prioritization is a problem – Let’s assume you have to track who did what and when. How will you do it? It is definitely a difficult task and you would partly depend on past email communication and partly on your memory. This process is not only tiring but also has a high probability of instigating a conflict among team members. Wouldn’t it be a nice idea to adopt a tool wherein you can track each and every step that led to the task completion?
The other challenge that comes up in tackling the numerous issues at hand is setting their priorities. It is imperative for the whole team to be aware of it as collective efforts are required to complete the tasks. So, how do you overcome this challenge?
- Losing track of customer issues – In addition to the management of internal project-based issues, timely resolution of customer issues is of paramount importance. How you deal with it can make or break your business. The customers feel frustrated when they don’t know the progress or status of their issues, which leads to customer dissatisfaction. Moreover, heavy influx of query related calls and emails may result in the loss of focus during work. What if there was a way to keep your customers in sync with their resolution status?
- Absence of a high-level view – Keeping track of issues and their status is essential, but sometimes a high-level view is needed to quickly understand the number of open issues, their severity, priority etc. It helps in quick decision making and in adjusting the process required to lower the turn-around time. Can you do it effectively with the tools you are currently using?
If you can relate with any of the above-mentioned issues, you definitely need an issue tracking tool, which can help you create, track and close issues in a timely manner. Issue Tracker by eWorkplace Apps is a perfect tool for managing issues, tasks, incidences, and customer service requests originating from your organizational projects. SaaS-based application delivery and support for iOS devices makes collaboration easy and brings down the total cost of ownership. It is a comprehensive issue management system that offers convenient, collaborative and constant access to organizational issue management activities.
Features like prioritization, team communication, powerful notification and accountability allow the team to focus on more critical tasks and issues and provides managers with a real-time view of work in progress. The application provides better decision making as it incorporates a wide variety of powerful reports and dashboards.
Try Issue Tracker by eWorkplace Apps, a simple and free tool to effectively manage the issues originating from your projects.